Use eye, face and ear protection. Always wear ANSI approved impact safety
goggles. Wear a full face shield if you are producing metal filings or wood chips. Wear
an ANSI approved dust mask or respirator when working around metal, wood, and
chemical dusts and mists. Wearing work gloves is recommended.
Do not overreach. Keep proper footing and balance at all times. Do not reach over or
across running machines.
Maintain tools with care. Keep tools sharp and clean for better and safer
performance. Follow instructions for lubricating and changing accessories. Inspect tool
cords periodically and, if damaged, have them repaired by an authorized technician.
The handles must be kept clean, dry, and free from oil and grease at all times.
10. Disconnect power. Unplug tool when not in use.
11. Remove adjusting keys and wrenches. Check that keys and adjusting wrenches
are removed from the tool or machine work surface before plugging it in.
12. Stay alert. Watch what you are doing, use common sense. Do not operate any tool
when you are tired.
3. Take caution as some woods contain preservatives such as copper chromium
arsenate (CCA) which can be toxic. When cutting these materials extra care should
be taken to avoid inhalation and minimize skin contact.
4. Check for damaged parts. Before using any tool, any part that appears damaged
should be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its
intended function. Check for alignment and binding of moving parts; any broken parts
or mounting fixtures; and any other condition that may affect proper operation. Any
part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by a qualified
technician. Do not use the tool if any switch does not turn On and Off properly.
15. Guard against electric shock. Prevent body contact with grounded surfaces such as
pipes, radiators, ranges, and refrigerator enclosures.
6. Replacement parts and accessories. When servicing, use only identical
replacement parts. Use of any other parts will void the warranty. Only use accessories
intended for use with this tool. Approved accessories are available from Harbor
7. Do not operate tool if under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Read warning
labels on prescriptions to determine if your judgment or reflexes are impaired while
taking drugs. If there is any doubt, do not operate the tool.
8. Pacemaker safety warning. People with pacemakers should consult with their
physician(s) before using this product; operation of equipment in close proximity to a
heart pacemaker could cause interference or failure of the pacemaker.
Warning: The warnings,cautions,and instructions discussed in this instruction manual
cannot cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur. It must be under-
stood by the operator that common sense and caution are factors which cannot be
built into this product, but must be supplied by the operator.