The power does not come on.
• Connect the AC power cord securely.
Make sure the batteries are inserted correctly.
There is no audio.
• Make sure the FUNCTION selector is set to the
function you want to operate.
Adjust the volume.
Unplug the headphones when listening through
The audio is weak or has poor
• Replace all the batteries with new ones if they
Move the player away from the TV.
The picture of your TV becomes
• If you are listening to an FM program near the
TV with an indoor antenna, move the player
away from the TV.
The CD does not play/“00 -- --“
• Make sure that the CD compartment is closed.
CFD-Z110), “no disc”(CFD-Z120/ • Place the CD with the label surface up.
Z130) lights in the display even
when a CD is in place.
• Clean the CD (see page 21).
• Take out the CD and leave the CD compartment
open for about an hour to dry moisture
Make sure the FUNCTION selector is set to CD.
The sound drops out.
• Reduce the volume.
Clean the CD, or replace it if the CD is badly
Place the player in a location free from
The tape does not move when you
press an operation button.
• Close the cassette compartment securely.
The REC rbutton does not
function/The tape does not play.
• Make sure the safety tab on the cassette is in
The tape does not erase completely. • Clean the erasing heads (see page 24).
Replace all the batteries with new ones if they