Power Mac G4
Follow the instructions in this sheet carefully. Failure to follow these instructions could
damage your equipment and void its warranty.
Note: Written and video instructions covering customer-installable parts are available at
Warning: During this procedure, keep small parts away from children.
The following tools are required for this procedure:
#2 Phillips screwdriver
small flat-blade screwdriver
T-10 Torx driver
Opening the Computer
Warning: Always shut down your computer before opening it to avoid damaging its
internal components or causing injury. After you shut down the computer, the
internal components can be very hot. Let the computer cool down before
1. Place your computer on a clean, ﬂat surface.
2. If you think your computer is in sleep, press the power button on the front of the
computer to wake it.
3. Shut down your computer and wait ﬁve minutes before continuing.
4. If you attached a security cable through the computer’s lockable cover latch, remove
5. Unplug all other cables from the computer except the power cord.
073-0723 Rev. B